Wednesday, 5 February 2014

How to make iced tea


It_was very hot here last week and during this time, I found myself enjoying quite a bit of iced tea. It is a very refreshing drink when I'm sitting down doing nothing and still have sweat pouring down my back! You don't need any special equipment to make iced tea...not even that 'essential' $30 infuser jug that the tea shop tells you to buy!

How to make iced tea....without buying special equipment

What you need
  • Tea (I use Granny's Garden berry tea from Vellanero)
  • 1L boiling water
  • 1L room temperature tap water
What you need to do
  1. Place lots of tea into a tea infuser so that the infuser is full and place into a saucepan.
  2. Pour boiling water into the saucepan, place lid on top and allow to infuse for half an hour or so.
  3. Place 1L of tap water into the saucepan.
  4. Once the tea is at room temperature, pour into a jug or plastic bottle (if you have a funnel, use it) and place into the fridge to cool.



Vellanero's Granny's Garden tea, with berries, hibiscus and rose hip

3 comments:

  1. Very refreshing, I am a huge fan of tea, especially herbal and fruit ones. However it is rarely hot enough if I am in the UK for me to drink iced tea, although I do when travelling.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks absolutely gorgeous getting all those ingredients in your tea! Nice!

    ReplyDelete
  3. taste very refreshing ..Vellanero's Granny's Garden tea, with berries, hibiscus and rose hip is a great tea.. How did you come up with such brilliant idea. Hope in Kiama Australia you also offered such tea..

    ReplyDelete