It_was very hot here last week and during this time, I found myself enjoying quite a bit of iced tea. It is a very refreshing drink when I'm sitting down doing nothing and still have sweat pouring down my back! You don't need any special equipment to make iced tea...not even that 'essential' $30 infuser jug that the tea shop tells you to buy!
How to make iced tea....without buying special equipment
What you need
- Tea (I use Granny's Garden berry tea from Vellanero)
- 1L boiling water
- 1L room temperature tap water
- Place lots of tea into a tea infuser so that the infuser is full and place into a saucepan.
- Pour boiling water into the saucepan, place lid on top and allow to infuse for half an hour or so.
- Place 1L of tap water into the saucepan.
- Once the tea is at room temperature, pour into a jug or plastic bottle (if you have a funnel, use it) and place into the fridge to cool.
Vellanero's Granny's Garden tea, with berries, hibiscus and rose hip