Sunday, 13 July 2014

Pork and vegetables


Here's a recipe for a big batch of pork and vegetables. I made this today and predict it will at least make ten lunches (probably more). I've been a bit crook lately and I think it's due to a lack of colourful vegetable matter in my diet (and maybe also because I do not believe in getting the flu shot). This recipe therefore contains a lot of colourful vegetable matter because I'm sick of being sick.


I know this recipe isn't that interesting
The whole idea of this recipe is that it's tasty, filling, healthy and cheap. It's nothing flash.
It's a recipe you can make during 30 mins free time on the weekend. Once cooked, keep it in the fridge and it's your lunch/tea for the week. I've been doing recipes like this for a while now and it's way better than having to cook something after work in my opinion.

Pork and vegetables
Should make ten servings...probably more.

What you need

  • Olive oil
  • 2 brown onions
  • 2 teaspoons minced garlic (you can use fresh if you like)
  • 2 teaspoons minced ginger (you can use fresh if you like)
  • 1kg pork mince
  • 1 head broccoli, chopped (I cook it for 2 mins in the microwave to speed up the cooking)
  • 1/2 head cauliflower, chopped (I cook it for 2 mins in the microwave to speed up the cooking)
  • 2 carrots, sliced
  • 4 zucchini, sliced
  • 1 red capsicum, diced
  • Pepper
  • Fish sauce (use as much as you like)
  • Soy sauce (use as much as you like)


What you need to do

  1. Heat a large pot and when hot, add oil, onion, garlic and ginger until onion has softened.
  2. Add mince and let it cook, mixing if required.
  3. Add all vegetables, mix and cook.
  4. To season, add pepper, fish and soy sauce.







The_cupboard ran out of soy sauce or was hiding it from me, so I used this instead. It's some kind of soy/other flavour sauce called 'liquid seasoning'.....

You could also add herbs to the mix if you have some in your garden. Our basil has saw dust (Alan is/has been sanding wood) and baby snails all over it, so I gave it a miss.

1 comment:

  1. Pork and vegetable is perfect combo... With knor seasoning it will become really tasty>>> Believe me, I love to cook foods.

    ReplyDelete