Here's a recipe for a big batch of pork and vegetables. I made this today and predict it will at least make ten lunches (probably more). I've been a bit crook lately and I think it's due to a lack of colourful vegetable matter in my diet (and maybe also because I do not believe in getting the flu shot). This recipe therefore contains a lot of colourful vegetable matter because I'm sick of being sick.
I know this recipe isn't that interesting
The whole idea of this recipe is that it's tasty, filling, healthy and cheap. It's nothing flash.
It's a recipe you can make during 30 mins free time on the weekend. Once cooked, keep it in the fridge and it's your lunch/tea for the week. I've been doing recipes like this for a while now and it's way better than having to cook something after work in my opinion.
Pork and vegetables
Should make ten servings...probably more.
What you need
- Olive oil
- 2 brown onions
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic (you can use fresh if you like)
- 2 teaspoons minced ginger (you can use fresh if you like)
- 1kg pork mince
- 1 head broccoli, chopped (I cook it for 2 mins in the microwave to speed up the cooking)
- 1/2 head cauliflower, chopped (I cook it for 2 mins in the microwave to speed up the cooking)
- 2 carrots, sliced
- 4 zucchini, sliced
- 1 red capsicum, diced
- Fish sauce (use as much as you like)
- Soy sauce (use as much as you like)
What you need to do
- Heat a large pot and when hot, add oil, onion, garlic and ginger until onion has softened.
- Add mince and let it cook, mixing if required.
- Add all vegetables, mix and cook.
- To season, add pepper, fish and soy sauce.
The_cupboard ran out of soy sauce or was hiding it from me, so I used this instead. It's some kind of soy/other flavour sauce called 'liquid seasoning'.....
You could also add herbs to the mix if you have some in your garden. Our basil has saw dust (Alan is/has been sanding wood) and baby snails all over it, so I gave it a miss.